Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Johor Kaki Adventurous Foodie Traveler with 77 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

Lye Bo Toss Noodle • Love their Siew Yok📍Alexandra Village Food Centre 黎宝捞面


Stalking Alexandra Village Food Centre and spotted this long queue at Lye Bo Toss Noodle stall.

Don't waste time lo.... Don't ask or think so much, quickly join the line like a good Singaporean 🤭

Took me about 30 minutes to reach the front of the line.

They serve combi oven grilled pork (char siew), grilled pork belly (siew yok), and grilled chicken over lamian type noodles and sauce. They have sides like lard croutons and onsen egg at additional cost.

Ran by a youthful husband and wife team.

The earnest polite boss Desmond Lye in front will give each customer instructions on how to use the chili oil and chili powder to spice up the noodles and toppings.

I had char siew and siew yok over noodles sauced with oil and a brown sauce. Price SGD$6.

With the prescribed 4-5 teaspoons of chili oil and two dashes of chili powder.

The lamian type noodles were well coated with brown sauce, oil, and chili oil after a good toss.

The strands were relatively thick and heavy which I like. Mouth feel was spongy, but limp and lack crunch or spring.

Sauce was salty savoury with a bit of heat from chili oil and chili powder. I need more than two dashes of chili powder 🤭 Don't remember any aroma. 

No lye water is used in making these noodles, so there was no alkaline taste (good news for folks who don't like that taste).

(Next time, I shall add the lard and onsen egg to add layers of flavours to the noodles.)

Char siew was cut in thick pieces or cubed. Tender lean meat deeply infused with savoury salty marinade, somewhat flat tasting as there was little, if any sweetness or toastiness (from caramelisation). Great for folks who don't like fatty char siew.

Glad I ordered the grilled pork belly or siew yok. I like this better than most siew yok that I have tasted before. Crackly rind, juicy fat, tender lean meat. Not overly salty, slight porcine sweetness in fat juices.

But, I made the mistake of tossing it together with the sauce for the noodles, which robust saltiness masked somewhat the siew yok's more subtle flavours.

A stalk of green for crunch, flavour and colour to complete the dish.

Lye Bo Toss Noodle is a popular stall with high social media profile. My favourite thing here was the siew yok. Give it a try when you are around the Alexandra Village area. Share with us your experience by leaving a comment. 

Lye_Bo_Toss_Noodle_Alexandra_Village_黎宝捞面

Stall name: Lye Bo Toss Noodle 黎宝捞面


Address: 120 Bukit Merah Lane 1, stall #01-27 Alexandra Village Food Centre, Singapore 150123


Nearest MRT: 15 minute walk from Queenstown station


Hours: 9am - 2pm (Thurs off)




Written by Tony Boey on 29 Sep 2026


No comments:

Post a Comment

No censorship. All comments with genuine identities are published