Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food ยท Heritage ยท Culture ยท History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads ๐Ÿ“ง johorkaki@gmail.com

Inspirasi Bedok Traditional Soto Ayam

Inspirasi_Bedok_Soto_Ayam

Inspirasi Bedok has one of the better soto ayam or Indonesian chicken soup in Singapore and only for $2.50 a serving (Feb 2022 price).

Stall name: Inspirasi


Address: 208B New Upper Changi Road, stall #01-64, Singapore 462208 (Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre)


Nearest MRT: 3 minutes walk from Bedok station


Hours: 8:00am - 7:00pm (Sun off)



Inspirasi_Bedok_Soto_Ayam

Queue was more than 10 deep at 1pm but it moved pretty quickly.

Inspirasi_Bedok_Soto_Ayam

$2.50 for this, though I can't expect this to stay for long at this price with escalating costs (of ingredients, utilities, etc) recently.

Inspirasi_Bedok_Soto_Ayam

There's the light yellowish chicken soup, subtly aromatic from spices. Taugeh (bean sprouts), pulled chicken, fried shallot and cilantro on top.

Inspirasi_Bedok_Soto_Ayam

Soto ayam is eaten with yellow noodles, bee hoon (rice vermicelli) or rice. I always choose rice, if it is available - Inspirasi have it ๐Ÿ˜„

It's actually nasi impit or compacted rice. Boiled rice is compacted into a slab and served cut into cubes.

Inspirasi_Bedok_Soto_Ayam

The soup, the soul of the dish was mildly sweet savoury with traces of spice flavours (e.g. turmeric, cardamon) and fleeting spice heat. Neither too greasy or salty at all.

Inspirasi_Bedok_Soto_Ayam

There's a generous amount of tender-soft, pulled chicken though it was just protein as almost all its flavours had gone into the soup.

Inspirasi_Bedok_Soto_Ayam

I love the nasi impit, tender and sweet rice cake to complement the sweet savoury, aromatic soup and chicken.

Inspirasi_Bedok_Soto_Ayam

I requested for sambal and makcik pointed me to this watery red chili sauce (I was expecting the usual hot sambal kicap). Inspirasi's sambal is pulpy fresh chili pepper which was zesty and sharp.

I habitually add sambal kicap into my soto ayam to get that hot spicy kick into the mildly sweet savoury soup. Didn't use Inspirasi's sambal as I didn't think it'll work the way I'm used to. So, I could be wrong ๐Ÿ˜‚ Anyway, Inspirasi's soup was already flavourful enough for me on its own.

Inspirasi_Bedok_Soto_Ayam

Yumms ๐Ÿ˜‹ It was a very satisfying way to fill up the spare capacity in my tummy just after my satay bee hoon at the same hawker centre.

More stalls to try at Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre ๐Ÿ‘ˆ click


Soto in Johor Bahru ๐Ÿ‘ˆ click

                  


Written by Tony Boey on 8 Feb 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published