Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

Li Fu Coffee & Toast @ Teck Ghee Court Ang Mo Kio • Aromatic Eggy Kaya & Good Nanyang Kopi 利福


It's the morning after Argentina overcome Croatia 3 - 0 in Qatar World Cup 2022. Half of Singapore was stoned (from lack of sleep 🥱 ). We met up at Teck Ghee Court Hawker Centre for some hyperlocal breakfast.

After chwee kueh, Aaron got kopi and toast from Li Fu Coffee & Toast stall.

Stall name: Li Fu Coffee & Toast 利福


Address: 341 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, Teck Ghee Court Food Centre, stall #01-31, Singapore 560341


Nearest MRT: 10 minutes from Ang Mo Kio station


Hours: 5:00am - 2:00pm (Tues off)



Truth be told, I was not overly excited as I already had my mug of kopi C kosong gao while waiting for Aaron to arrive and I thought chwee kueh was enough carbs for the morning.

So, I declined the kopi 😬

I took an obligatory bite at the toasted bun with butter and kaya.

Oh man, I was blown away.

The kaya had a striking delightful egginess and sweetness I haven't had for a while in Singapore or Johor.

I woke up and started to pay attention 😬

The generic toasted bun was just alright but that's okay, because the eggy sweet kaya balanced by savoury butter made the whole package great👌

I am never quite a big fan of the Singapore style of skinny dainty toasts. But man, the peanut butter was smooth, creamy, and nutty sweet. Win again 👍

We tried a couple more other food stalls at Teck Ghee after this but they weren't overly inspiring.

Aaron had to leave to run errands.

I went back to Li Fu to get a kopi to complete this post 😬

The kopi C kosong had the body, smoothness, and familiar bitter & sweetness which I enjoy.

If you are looking for kopi and toast around Ang Mo Kio you can check out Li Fu at Teck Ghee Court, especially if you like eggy kaya and smooth creamy peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published