Photo credit: Wikipedia
Here's the full Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand Award Singapore 2019 announced on 10 Sep. Many Singaporeans are sceptical about this list. My attitude is, aiyah there's no harm trying lah. I am eating my way through this Michelin listicle and share my independent experience with these stalls 🍽
1. A Noodle Story (Amoy Street Food Centre) 👈 click Premium pricing for this innovative Japanese-Singapore fusion noodle. The sustained success of A Noodle Story debunks the myth that Singaporeans are unwilling to pay a fair price for artisanal hawker food.
2. Alliance Seafood (Newton Food Centre)
3. Anglo Indian (Shenton Way)
4. Ar Er Soup (ABC Brickworks Market and Food Centre) 👈 click
5. Balestier Road Hoover Rojak (Whampoa Makan Place). The last time I tried, juices were leaching from the si swa (any old how) cut fruits and vegetables making the sauce chui chui (soggy, watery). Shall try it again, see how.
6. Bar-Roque Grill 👈 click
7. Beach Road Fish Head Bee Hoon (Whampoa Makan Place)
8. Bedok Chwee Kueh (Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre) 👈 click
9. Bismillah Biryani
10. Chai Chuan Tou Yang Rou Tang (Bukit Merah View Market and Hawker Centre)
11. Chef Kang's Noodle House 👈 click
12. Chen's Mapo Tofu
13. Chey Sua Carrot Cake (Toa Payoh West Market & Food Centre) 👈 click
14. Chuan Kee Boneless Braised Duck (Ghim Moh Market & Food Centre) 👈 click
15. Depot Road Zhen Shan Mei Claypot Laksa (Alexandra Village Food Centre) 👈 click
16. Eminent Frog Porridge & Seafood (Geylang Road Lorong 19)
17. Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa (Hong Lim Market & Food Centre)
18. Fresh Taste Big Prawn Noodle (Zion Riverside Food Centre)
19. Fu Ming Cooked Food (Redhill Food Centre)
20. Guan Kee Fried Kway Teow (Ghim Moh Market and Food Centre). How come Michelin people so lucky one? 🤔 Ten times I go Ghim Moh, 10 times char kway teow stall not open 😭The last time I ate this was 20 years ago. Shall try my luck again.
21. Hawker Chan Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle (78 Smith Street) 👈 click
22. Heng (Newton Food Centre)
23. Hjh Maimunah (Jalan Pisang). Good experience here 10 years ago. Shall revisit soon.
24. Hock Hai (Hong Lim) Curry Chicken Noodle (Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre) 👈 click When I first blogged this stall some Singaporeans commented that they rather go all the way to Hong Lim for this dish, even if this stall is at their doorstep. Now that it has won over the Michelin inspectors, does this confirm that my taste buds have turned bad? 😅
25. Hong Heng Fried Sotong Prawn Mee (Tiong Bahru Market)
26. Hong Kee Beef Noodle (Amoy Street Food Centre)
27. Hong Kong Yummy Soup (Alexandra Village Food Centre)
28. Hoo Kee Rice Dumpling (Amoy Street Food Centre)
29. Indocafe - The White House
30. J2 Famous Crispy Curry Puff (Amoy Street Food Centre)
31. Ka Soh (Outram Park) 👈 click One or a few Michelin inspectors must be doctors....
32. Koh Brother Pig's Organ Soup (Tiong Bahru Market) New
33. Kok Sen 👈 click
35. Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow (Old Airport Road Food Centre). This stall can meh? Tried a few times before.. Wah piang.. No wok hei, no aroma, no nothing except a copycat name. OK shall try again and give my take on it...
36. Lian He Ben Ji Claypot Rice (Chinatown Complex) 👈 click
37. Man Man (Tanjong Pagar) 👈 click
38. Muthu's Curry (Little India). Ate here many times when I worked and lived near their old Dempsey shop in the 1980s. One of our favourite hangouts. Time for revisit.
39. Na Na Curry (Bukit Merah View Market & Hawker Centre)
40. New Lucky Claypot Rice (Holland Drive Market & Food Centre)
41. Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee (Hong Lim Market & Food Centre) 👈 click
42. Shi Hui Yuan (Mei Ling Market & Food Centre)
43. Shirokane Tori-tama
44. Sik Bao Sin (Desmond's Creation)
45. Sin Huat Eating House. Tried once years ago in the 1990s after reading about it from KF Seetoh. More expensive, less special than expected. Shall try again.
46. Sin Kee Famous Cantonese Chicken Rice (Holland Drive) 👈 click
47. Song Fa Bak Kut Teh (New Bridge Road) 👈 click
48. Tai Wah Pork Noodle (Hong Lim Market & Food Centre) 👈 click
49. The Blue Ginger. Tried a few times years ago. Forgot how it tastes - one of those corporate hosting places. Time to revisit.
50. Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice (Maxwell Food Centre) 👈 click Ask any Singaporean - everyone will tell you a different favourite chicken rice, and probably not Tian Tian. If you are coming to Singapore for only a few days and have time for only one chicken rice, Tian Tian boleh tahan lah (can pass) as we say here.
51. Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice (Tiong Bahru Market)
52. Tiong Bahru Yi Sheng Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee (ABC Brickworks Market & Food Centre) 👈 click
53. To-Ricos Guo Shi (Old Airport Road Food Centre) 👈 click
54. True Blue Cuisine
55. Whole Earth
56. Yhingthai Palace
57. Zaffron Kitchen (East Coast)
58. Zai Shun Curry Fish Head 👈 click
This list can make it or not? What do you think?
Johor Kaki food adventures in Singapore 👈 click