Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

Chocolate Cheese Cupcakes @ Food Décor in Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru



I was dashing for cover on a typical sizzling hot day in JB, when I stumbled upon this cool oasis, Food Décor in Taman Pelangi. The café was surrounded by heavy canvas curtains enveloping it like a tent, and shielding it from the scorching sun. There were cooling mist fans all around the café blowing a cool air curtain to keep the heat out. This was a welcome respite from the stifling heat and humidity outside.

Food Décor is a contemporary Hong Kong styled café with the full range of pastas, rice, pizzas, noodles, coffee as well as hot and cold desserts.


Needing to cool down fast, I ordered this fresh mango pudding which was garnished with pamelo and sago. The staff were friendly and efficient, and my cold dessert arrived in just a couple of minutes. The mango pudding was most refreshing.


I was enjoying the cool and free wifi so much that I decided to treat myself to a second dessert, now a durian snow ice, which was shaved ice with fresh durian topping.


Both the cold desserts were good, but what really caught my eye the whole time were those tiny colourful things staring out wide-eyed at me from inside this refrigerated showcase.














I just couldn’t take my eyes off these pretty little cupcakes. There were so many adorable designs! J
 

 
I finally gave in and happily picked these two Angry Birds J They were so cute, I was having great difficulty hardening my heart to eat them.


In the end, I mustered enough willpower to chomp off its head in one bite J The chocolate and cheese insides were basically sweet with a nut adding a little interesting texture to the treat.

These cupcakes are so irresistibly fun to ogle at and eat. Go near at your own risk J


Restaurant name: Food Décor
Address: 1, Jalan Kuning Dua, Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru
GPS: 1.478687,103.766298
Hours:
Non Halal

Date: 17 Apr 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published