Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Adventurous Culinary Traveler's Blog with 65 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

Kafuka Cafe in Skudai

Johor Bahru has a lot of parking spots - by that I mean, a lot of places to cool down and chill out.

You know right... when food hunting, we just can't go eat and eat non stop. I like to taste and enjoy my food slowly and fully like a normal diner. 


So in between meals and especially after a particularly good one, I like to find a spot to sit down and write everything down while everything - the facts, the feelings, are still fresh in my mind. 

Kafuka is one such place. A lot of people here have a similar idea, so no one will bother you sitting by yourself in your own world 👍

The decor is electric, charming with a do-it-youraelf feel that reflects the personalities of the youthful owners. I prefer this indie style than those slick trendy ones that doesn't have a personal touch. 

Trends come and go as surely as the seasons but personality and character are enduring. 

To sit down with a good coffee with a broad sheet spread out across two tables is a pleasure no handphone or tablet can provide. You have full control of when to turn the page 😊

The coffee blend and taste notes clearly spelt out, so we are informed before we buy 👍

My usual flat white. I enjoyed it - creamy robust bitter and sweet, and coffee aroma. I go to cafes quite often and learned that a competent brew cannot be taken for granted. It's good here. 

Kaki kaki's drinks. They were happy. They brought me here, one of their favourite hangouts. 

I have this strange habit of asking the cafe if they make their own cakes. They do at Kafuka. 

I am a little weird. Would only order cakes that are made in house 🤭

The simple cheese cake was nice. Rich but not overly sweet, slightly tangy, firm tender, creamy on a crumbly cookie base. Nice.

Love our short rejuvenating break at Kafuka. 

Restaurant name: Kafuka Cafe & Music Studio


Address: 16A, Jalan Bendahara 12, Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, 81300 Skudai, Johor


Tel: +607 554 4572


Hours: 12 noon - 6pm (Thurs off)





Join 78K Johor Kaki followers


Written by Tony Boey on 1 Aug 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published