Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

Seremban Restoran Asia Laksa 亚洲茶餐室 ⭐⭐⭐⭐



For the drive down south from Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru, my preferred stop for food and caffeine is Seremban as it is about 50-60km away (less than an hour's drive). It lets me get clear of KL traffic before enjoying my driving break. One of my favourite stops is at Restoran Asia for their famous curry laksa - but do note that the laksa stall is closed on Weds and Thurs.



Restoran Asia Laksa, which is actually a coffee shop, was full house this Sunday morning and most people were here for the curry laksa 😂 So, when you are here, quickly find a seat and go straight to the counter at the front to give your orders. I did that and waited 30 minutes for my laksa because of the long queue. Do not hesitate as it will only increase your waiting time 😂 



Boss Miss Tay was extremely busy. She was camera shy but still graciously smiled for this quick snap 😊 One the regulars here told me that Asia Laksa was around since the 1960s.



Each bowl of curry laksa was given the main curry on the left and then topped with a splash of thicker curry. I am not sure what that thicker curry was and didn't have a chance to ask Miss Tay as she was so extremely busy.



My large serving of Restoran Asia curry laksa.

It's a mound of yellow noodles and bean sprouts in a pool of curry - a main one layered with a thicker one as mentioned. There were a couple of big chunks of chicken, tau pok and half a boiled egg.

There was no see ham (blood cockles) in this curry laksa. They used to have char siew slices too, but there was none today too.

Price was precisely RM6.30. I was wondering why not RM6.50 or RM6?



First things first - the curry. It was excellent.

There were lots of spices inside held together with thick, rich, fresh coconut milk. The taste was sweet followed by layers of spiciness and a moderately sharp sting aftertaste that lingered briefly.

The sting stayed just long enough for me to scoop another spoonful to enjoy the flavours and stinging sensation again.

Repeat until there was no more curry left 😋 

And, then think about and crave for it long afterwards.



The generic yellow noodles did its job well to fuel me for the morning and was quite tasty too as some of the delicious spicy curry clung to the thick strands.



The tau pok did a marvellous job of sponging up the curry to make a tasty grainy ball saturated with sweet spicy savoury flavours.



I got two pieces of chicken breast. They were rather firm and stiff. But, I can taste natural chicky sweetness as the chicken was fresh. Next time, I shall try and see if I can specify wings or drumstick.

I forgot to check out their sambal chili as I was not given and there was none at the table 😂😂😂



4-Stars (out of 5). The curry was rich and greasy but I couldn't resist drinking it all up to the last drop as it was so delicious 😋 If you choose to swing by Seremban between KL and down south, Restoran Asia Laksa may be an option worth trying out (especially, if you are a curry laksa lover).

I would love to come back, and this time shall ask for wing or drumstick, and make sure that I get the sambal chili which I heard is not to be missed 😅

Their nasi lemak is also popular.



Restaurant nameRestoran Asia Laksa 亚洲茶餐室
Address341 Jalan Berlian, Taman Senawang Jaya, Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
GPS2°41'27.0"N 101°58'59.9"E | 2.690831, 101.983308
Waze: Restoran Asia Laksa
Hours: 7:30am - 3:00pm (Weds opened but no laksa & Thurs closed)

Non Halal

Date visited: 10 Jun 2018

Return to Johor Kaki homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published