Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

MR Baguette @ Golden Mile. Explosive to Die For Chocolate Lava Grenades

Mr_Baguette

Woah... this chocolate lava grenade from Mr. Baguette at Golden Mile Food Centre is delicious and so fun to eat! 😋 The chocolaty sweet warm lava literally explodes when you bite into the crispy crumbly baguette crust. No bluff.


Mr_Baguette

Restaurant name: Mr. Baguette by Wee Bake Bakery
Address: Golden Mile Food Centre. 505 Beach Rd, #B1-51, Singapore 199583
Tel: +65 9184 1257
Hours: 12:00 noon - 8:00pm (Mon & Tues off)

 
Mr_Baguette

We were at the end of our whole day food trail, so we settled at Golden Mile Food Centre for coffee break. Each of us got one of these, plus a cuppa from Kopi More to wrap up the day on a sweet note.

Before I bite into Mr. Baguette's chocolate lava grenade, I was warned to watch out, "It will explode" 💥 😱



Mr_Baguette

I was so scared right...., I defused the chocolate lava grenade by removing the cap. Woooo...., inside was warm molten dark chocolate so luscious and aromatic it will make chocolate lovers __________ (please fill in the blank by leaving a comment) 😄

Mr_Baguette

Woah.... as a chocolate lava cake lover, this crispy crusty baguette is a better way to enjoy warm, luscious, molten chocolate lava. The thick chocolate lava flows down like a stretching tongue.

I am not sure what to call this baguette. It has been called a baguette tart, bread bowl... . It is a mini baguette with its core hollowed out to contain fillings. To me it is a flavour grenade that fits nicely in the palm. 

Mr_Baguette

I tried my best not to make a mess but the flowing chocolate lava found their way all over my fingers.

WL handed me a piece of tissue paper but no, I was not about to use it without licking my fingers first 😂

(In other news, KFC has suspended their "Finger lickin' good" tagline in view of the Covid-19 pandemic 🍗 😱 )



Besides their popular chocolate lava filling, Mr. Baguette also has egg custard, red velvet, cookie & cream, tiramisu, cheese, hazelnut, blueberry, white chocolate & peppermint, etc. You can try these - there is something for every taste.

Mr_Baguette

Mr baguette Kent Wee fills and bakes the baguette shells on order at the stall, so every piece we eat is warm and fresh.

Kopi_More

Pro-tip: Eat your chocolate lava baguette with a cuppa Nanyang kopi brewed with an espresso machine from Kopi More (just 2 stalls away at same row). Ah.... I am craving it just thinking about it now 🤤

Golden_Mile_Food_Centre

In the past few years, good ol' Golden Mile Food Centre, one of my food haunts since my National Service days in the 1970s, has bloomed again into a foodie heaven. Thanks to stalls like Charlie's Peranakan, Chef Choo Signature, Kopi More, The Vadai Shop, and more which I will share in future posts.





 
Date visited: 4 Sep 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published