There was a constant queue but it wasn't long.
There were six combinations of prawn and pork noodles including luxury big prawns. All had options of soup or dry.
I just had the SGD$7 prawn and pork slices #5 soup version.
First things first, the soup, the soul.of prawn noodle in my opinion.
I like it.
It's a smooth well balanced blend of crustacean umami, savoury (from soy sauce), and porcine sweetness. Fried shallot dissolved and infused their aroma and flavour into the soup. Not overly greasey, highly drinkable without the off-putting flavour powder taste or feel on the tongue.
The yellow noodles were done just right for me - tender and neither soft nor stiff. The strands picked up the robust umami savoury aromatic soup well, making the noodles delicious.
There were three good size prawns, halved into six pieces.
They use 明虾 or Ming Har / White Prawn known for its very thin shell and crustacean sweetness.
I peel my own prawns de hor.... .
The meat from the halved prawns were thin but tender and sweet. The head was rich in crustacean umami. The prawns were fresh.
A few small slices / strips of blanched pork. Tender and very mildly porcine sweet.
Token slivers of kang kong or water spinach. For some people, authentic prawn noodle must have kang kong.
I like Adam Road Noo Cheng Big Prawn Noodle. It is traditional, delicious, competitively priced, nice hawker centre vibes, highly accessible just 5 minutes walk from Botanic Gardens MRT station. I want to try the dry version and indulge in the big prawns next time.
To me, this felt like a more affordable version of the various Beach Road Prawn Noodle outlets.
Written by Tony Boey on 30 Aug 2026

No comments:
Post a Comment
No censorship. All comments with genuine identities are published