Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food ยท Heritage ยท Culture ยท History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads ๐Ÿ“ง johorkaki@gmail.com

Review of Restoran Bariani Desa in Kluang Johor


I love this nasi byriani place even though it may not be for everyone ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Restaurant name: Restoran Bariani Desa


Address: 11, Jalan Desa 1, Taman Desa, 86000 Kluang, Johor


Tel: +6012 758 2946


Hours: 11:00am - 4:00pm (Sat off)



When we stepped into the hyperlocal restaurant, the smell of mutton and spice filled the air. I salivated straightaway but I can sense that it made some folks hesitant to come in ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Me, I just marched right up to where that seductive aroma was coming from at the back of the shop ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

The menu was simple. Just chicken or mutton. Can order rice, chicken, mutton, everything separately. Perfect for sharing.

This was going to be the third of eight or nine eating stops for our Kluang day trip, so we ordered only sharing portions.

Two rice, two mutton and one chicken came to RM40 altogether. Locals told us that price has gone up and portion has gone down (but it is the same everywhere in Singapore and Malaysia now as costs have gone up a lot... ).

I ordered two portions of mutton because to me byriani is only about mutton ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Pro-tip: Next time, don't let Tony do the ordering ๐Ÿ™„

I love this curry mutton. It tasted as good as it smells. The meat was spongy soft tender and barely attached to the bone. The spice flavour was robust but balanced with sweetness, for example from onion.

Inspite of the robust savoury sweetness and spice taste, I could still taste the gaminess of mutton.

I love the taste though the mutton I wish had a bit more chewiness.

Overall, wonderful! And, my kakis left more than my portion share of mutton for me ๐Ÿ˜

The tender curry chicken was nice too, though it lacked the pungent gaminess of lamb. I just took a nibble and left the rest of the chicken for my kakis to enjoy (which they did) ๐Ÿคญ

To me, there is no byriani without mutton ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคญ

Woooh.... the basmati rice was light, loose, slightly wet, rich with spice, and still managed to feel a bit fluffy. I love it because I can taste and smell the spices.

We finished everything, thanks partly to the vacuum cleaner from Singapore (Tony brand) ๐Ÿคญ

I didn't order this rose syrup water because I don't like empty calories from sugar. But, I took it anyway because the drinks order was mixed up.

Turned out, this rose water was not too sweet and had a bit of sourish zest. Refreshing and goes perfectly with the spice saturated, full flavoured, rich mutton byriani. 

Must order this with your byriani ๐Ÿ˜

I don't think this is for everyone but I will be so happy if I can have something like Restoran Bariani Desa in Singapore.
                  


Written by Tony Boey on 4 Mar 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published