Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Johor Kaki Adventurous Foodie Traveler with 77 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

Ah Cheng Lao Huo Tang (Ah Seng Soup)📍Marsiling Mall 阿成老火汤


Ah Cheng Lao Huo Tang 阿成老火汤 is one of the most popular food stalls at Marsiling Mall Hawker Centre.

There is always a long queue at Ah Seng Soup.

This was my second time here. Opens only three days a week (Fri, Sat, Sun), so it is not easy to get a chance to try it. 

Six types of soups. 

Old Cucumber Pork Ribs Soup, Watercress Pork Ribs Soup, Radish Soup, Buddha Jumps Over The Wall Soup, Ten Tonic Ginseng Chicken Soup (White / Black), Lotus Root Peanut Pork Ribs Soup (top seller).

The soups are all boiled on site with various Chinese herbs. Individual stock pot for each type of soup.

I opted for black chicken soup. They have a choice of pumpkin rice, olive rice or plain white rice to go with the soup. I didn't order any carbs.

Cannot remember what I had the first time (it was at least five years ago) but I enjoyed it, hence I am back despite the long queue and limited opening hours.


Woah... I like this soup.

Tea colour. Tongue scathing, piping hot. Clean tasting yet full flavoured with savoury sweet and mild Chinese herbal taste. Not greasy.

I enjoyed it.

It's a small bird. Half bird.

The flesh was tender but slightly chewy. Mild savoury taste as most of its flavours and nutrients were given up to the soup (as good Chinese tonic soup should be).

Nevertheless, the meat still can eat lah for its protein.

I finished all the soup to the last drop. It was delicious and nutritious. I even ate up all the meat of the black chicken 🤭

I will be back to try their top selling Lotus Root Peanut Pork Ribs Soup and other soups.

Ah_Cheng_Lao_Huo_Tang_Ah_Seng_Soup_Marsiling_Mall_阿成老火汤

Stall name:  Ah Cheng Lao Huo Tang 阿成老火汤

Address: Woodlands Street 12, stall #01-03 (Marsiling Mall Hawker Centre)


Nearest MRT: Ten minute walk from Marsiling and Woodlands stations


Hours: 11:30 am - 2 pm | 4pm - 8 pm (Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs off)




Written by Tony Boey on 27 Sep 2026


@scruffy.doo

Ah Cheng Lao Huo Tang 阿成老火汤

♬ original sound - Scruffy Doo - ⭐️🍀Scruffy Doo🍀⭐️

No comments:

Post a Comment

No censorship. All comments with genuine identities are published