Yi Pin Wei Braised Duck Kway Chap at Tampines Round Market & Food Centre is a Michelin guide recommended food stall.
Kway chap is a traditional Teochew dish mainly of braised pork offal and pig head parts eaten with thin broad sheets of rice.
I got the SGD$4.50 set which came with kway (rice sheets) and assorted braised offal. I paid another $2 for additional big pig intestine.
What's on the plate? Going clockwise from top left - big intestine rectum cut 🫣, big intestine, pig skin, pork belly, braised egg, braised tau pok.
Yi Pin Wei do the large intestines well. Thoroughly cleaned, the braising stock of soy sauce and Chinese spice flavours were mild. No off taste or smell at all. This soft tender texture and taste profile I guess appeal to the young and Michelin guide inspectors 🤭
The additional $2 for more big intestine was worth it.
Skin was the soft tender type with little, if any crunch.
Braised pork belly.
I didn't get any pig stomach but this is my least favourite pork offal anyway, so I don't think I missed anything 🤭
The necessary carb in braising stock to go with the braised meats.
The stock was mildly savoury with slight Chinese spice flavours which was enhanced with flavours and aromas from fried shallot.
The broad tissue thin rice sheets picked up the braising stock and its savoury Chinese spice and sweet flavours well.
Yi Pin Wei had lots of braised duck leg in the window. They looked delicious, so I shall be back for them.
$5 with carbs is good value - I shall try to switch rice for kway (rice sheets).
Well cleaned pork offal braised in a mild soy sauce and Chinese spice based stock. Hearty portion at highly affordable price.
Written by Tony Boey on 11 Sep 2026

No comments:
Post a Comment
No censorship. All comments with genuine identities are published