Zion Road Big Prawn Noodle is actually the sibling stall of Adam Road Big Prawn Noodle. Both the Zion Road and Adam Road stalls are on the Singapore Michelin guide Bib Gourmand list.
As I already tried the soup version at Adam Road and I liked it, here at Zion Road, I decided to try the dry version.
This is the smallest serving at SGD$8. Larger servings go at $13, $20, $28.
Mound of yellow noodles in fiery looking sauce, topped with three good size prawns (in six halves) and a piece of pork rib. Comes with a small bowl of accompanying soup.
Extra points for house fried shallot. I asked for a bit more but boss replied "already given" i.e. no 🤣
There was no lard croutons in my bowl. (Note to self: Remember to request next time.)
With a good toss, the yellow noodles were well coated with the greasy fiery red sauce.
The lead taste of robust spicy heat with trailing saltiness and a trace of aromatic oil and tanginess (likely ketchup). The sauce didn't really stand out in taste from average spicy chili noodle in my opinion.
The noodles themselves were relatively thick and dense with a firm spongy chew to the bite. I like its texture a lot.
Just one piece of rib. Fall-off-the-bone tender. Mildly savoury and a bit of porcine sweetness.
Three prawns sliced into six halves.
The same thin shelled white prawn (as those at the Adam Road stall.)
Tender firm crunchy, slight crustacean sweetness.
The prawn head and pork soup was robustly umami savoury salty with porcine taste.
Not blown away but still a nice, satiating bowl of noodle. Next time, I shall try their soup version (and remember to request for lard croutons).
Written by Tony Boey on 6 Sep 2026

No comments:
Post a Comment
No censorship. All comments with genuine identities are published