Tai Seng Fish Soup is on the relatively quiet third level of the three storey market and food centre.
My SGD$5.50 fish slice soup.
Tai Seng also has fried fish (nuggets) and fried fish head soup. For me, my first choice is always just fish slices in clear soup (no evaporated milk, please 🙏 ).
The clear soup was mildly savoury sweet from vegetables, fish, egg floss, fried shallot, etc.
The bowl was chocked full of ingredients.
Clockwise from top left - ikan batang fish slices, egg floss, tomato, cabbage, tofu, and fried shallot.
I like it that the fish slices came with skin intact and they were quite fresh. Tender, not flaky, no fishy taste but I prefer it to have a bit more fresh fish natural sweet taste.
The fish floss was a winner.
I enjoyed its eggy savoury taste which it also imparted to the soup (giving it more layers of flavours).
They were generous with the cabbage and aromatics which I appreciate.
I like this sambal - savoury salty spicy tangy, sharpens our taste buds to appreciate the fish better.
Generous serving of tasty fish soups at affordable prices.
Read more 👉
Angel Horse Teochew Fish Soup - Top of my mind fish soup in Singapore
Another of my favourite fish soups is T.G. Fish Porridge
Follow me on Facebook & Instagram
Written by Tony Boey on 8 Sep 2026

No comments:
Post a Comment
No censorship. All comments with genuine identities are published