Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

Ah Sai Pork Rib Prawn Noodle @ Block 10 North Bridge Road


A top Singapore prawn noodle business shared with me their personal, off-work, favourite prawn noodle stall.

It's Ah Sai Pork Rib Prawn Noodle at block 10, North Bridge Road. Needless to say, it greatly piqued my curiosity. We made a dash there at the first opportunity.

It's literally a hidden stall in the corner coffee shop (at the same row as the atmospheric Heap Seng Leong coffee shop). I mean the stall is tucked deep inside the corner coffee shop. Ah Sai doesn't have high visibility on social media and is also not easily noticed even when you come here.

Dry or soup? Dry or soup? With only one small (delusional) stomach, I always have problem deciding between dry or soup prawn mee.

So, this time since I am an hour early, I ordered a small soup version to try first.

Will try the dry version when the rest arrive.

The soup has medium-light body and tasted umami savoury, porcine sweet. Flavours were not weak though not as strong nor as layered as say... the Blanco Court shops or Traditional Famous Prawn Mee.

Noodles, prawn and pork were nice. Yellow noodles had just the tender spongy soft chewy texture that I like. The prawns were fresh, halved but with shell attached which I needed to peel myself 😬 The pork slices were fresh, porcine sweet but slightly stiff.

When everyone got here, I got a second bowl (dry version) to try. Yeah... a lot of food for one sitting 😅

Had kway teow since I just tried the yellow noodles. The chili sauce was mildly savoury spicy. With neither much lard nor shallot oil in the mix and I felt their near absence.

This could be the taste profile of prawn noodle for you, if you like it above mild but slightly gentler than the in-trend uber umami type. You may like that it is not overly lardy or greasy too.

Ah_Sai_Pork_Rib_Prawn_Noodle_10_North_Bridge_Road


Stall name: 
Ah Sai Pork Rib Prawn Noodle
Address: 10 North Bridge Road, Singapore 190010


Nearest MRT: 5 minutes walk from Lavender station


Hours: 7:30am - 4pm (Sun off)




Join 75K followers of Johor Kaki

Written by Tony Boey on 29 Nov 2023

🎗 This blog is powered by voluntary contributions from appreciative readers to Tony Boey Johor Kaki PAYNOW 96888768 in Singapore $.


Join Johor Kaki mailing list

2 comments:

  1. My fav for prawn mee is definitely khoon kee at Redhill food centre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice noodles, I always add intestines and livers, very well cooked… can try their big prawn version too.

    ReplyDelete

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published