King of Laksa is located in Food Gallery food court which is above Sheng Siong supermarket at Aljunied Ave 2.
As expected, there was a long queue during the lunch peak.
I waited nearly one hour before getting my food.
The menu was straightforward - SGD$6 for the basic (kosong), then add on cockles, prawn, taupok, etc., at additional cost.
I ordered the $6 basic.....
... because the things I am interested in, the curry, sambal and daun kesum (laksa leaves) were all included. There were also fish cake and taupok as well as laksa (rice noodles). But, there were no bean sprouts 🤔
I like the sambal (hae bee hiam 虾米辣 ) as it was umami, spicy, sweet. The daun kesum was fragrant.
The curry was very rich, nearly as thick and heavy as evaporated milk. It was boxed coconut milk reduced or there was little other liquid in the curry. Boxed coconut milk has added food stabilisers which bind and prevent oil / fat from separating from other elements in the coconut milk, thus it is smoother, and unlike fresh coconut milk it has no oil film after cooking, and has much longer shelf life.
I could not detect any fresh coconut milk fragrance from this laksa.
It tasted sweet followed by dried shrimp umami and spice flavours. Sambal added more spicy heat and the laksa leaves provided some fragrance.
Though not cut too short, it was easier to eat the laksa noodles with a soup spoon than chopsticks.
Slightly too creamy for me and I prefer freshly squeezed coconut milk. Many people love King of Laksa's rich and creamy concoction which earned it many accolades. Give it a try, if you love curry laksa.
Other customers' orders with cockle or prawn toppings.
Written by Tony Boey on 13 Sep 2026

Looks scrumptious.
ReplyDeleteNo hum in standard offering and no coconut milk means no accolades from me 🤣
ReplyDelete啦沙之王的虾米辣是我的最爱!
ReplyDeleteYes I love it too
DeleteWoah! Super Atas, got abalone slices!!!
ReplyDeleteYum Yum
It's fish cake slices
DeleteFish cakes! Thought they were abalone slices loll
ReplyDeleteLaksa without crockle / hum n coconut milk is no longer a Laksa.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are not too convinced. I won't want to queue to try then. I am also not a fan of really creamy broth. Thanks for the review!
ReplyDeleteGo try it for yourself
DeleteLooks like a rip off $5 nothing but tau pok, fish cake & taugeh ? and using box coconut milk most likely
ReplyDeleteHow much is add on ingredients costing
I don't trust Michelin guide.
ReplyDelete难吃
ReplyDeleteOver rated
ReplyDeleteThis goes to show Michelin is not a guide for local food
ReplyDeleteIt is a fallacy and even laughable that some foreign guys from Michelin can come into Singapore for a few days and identify the stalls deserving a Michelin accolade. The consensus of the local residents is a better indicator of what is truly good for local dishes.
ReplyDeleteNot as good as they say lah.
ReplyDeleteThe laksa at Eat. is surprisingly good too!
ReplyDeleteDon't trust Michelin stars bullshit
ReplyDeleteTaste for yourself, food is subjective
FYI - not each n every F&B recommend by Michelin is taste perfect.. The correct answer is yourself personally needs to try out those foods anywhere any place then the results will answered... There are quite a number of good n tasty foods around our region where no recommendations is advertised.. Don't just listen find out yourself rather than regretted after trying those recommended places.. Believe yourself if you are a foods lover... Thanks
ReplyDelete汤汁浓郁,香味扑鼻难以抗拒!
ReplyDelete