Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food ยท Heritage ยท Culture ยท History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads ๐Ÿ“ง johorkaki@gmail.com

Dinosaur Beef Rib for Father's Day from Decker Barbecue ๐Ÿ– Giant Ribs Always Makes Me Happy

Dinosaur_Beef_Rib_Decker_Barbecue

For Father's Day, I was gifted the signature Dinosaur Beef Rib by Decker Barbecue ๐Ÿ– The huge rib is available only on Saturday and Sunday, and this year's Father's Day fell nicely on a Sunday.

Restaurant name: Decker Barbecue


Address: 60 Robertson Quay, #01-17, Singapore 238252


Tel: 6635 8565


Hours: 12:00 noon - 4:00pm | 5:00pm - 10:30pm (Mon off, lunch for Sat & Sun only)



The first thing the huge 600 gram bone-in beef rib reminded me of was The Flintstones, one of my favourite cartoons. The Flintstones were the first images I saw on television and I love it ever since. I never tire of the opening and closing themes even today ๐Ÿ˜„


My favourite scene was when Fred's Stonemobile toppled over by his order of Dino BBQ ribs ๐Ÿ˜„ It still makes me laugh today.

Dinosaur_Beef_Rib_Decker_Barbecue

So yeah, the moment I unwrapped Decker Barbecue's Dino Beef Rib, it reminded me instantly of Fred Flintstone's oversized dino rib and all the happy memories that come with it.

Dinosaur_Beef_Rib_Decker_Barbecue

As I unwrapped the dino rib, I can smell the smokey wood and spice though I am not sure what wood or what spice except for black pepper.

Dinosaur_Beef_Rib_Decker_Barbecue

The thick flesh was fall-off-the-bone fork tender.

Dinosaur_Beef_Rib_Decker_Barbecue

The meat was grilled with wood fire to medium doneness but was tender and juicy from the visceral fat. M
y knife went through the meat like butter (okay, I exaggerate but not by much ๐Ÿ˜› ).

Dinosaur_Beef_Rib_Decker_Barbecue

Yaaaba daba dooo!

The tender juicy meat was beefy, subtly sweet complemented by infused savouriness and spice flavours. Everything was at the right level of robustness for me.

The outside layer black with salt, black pepper and spice rub was slightly drier like tender jerky and has more intense pepper heat and savoury flavour.


Overall, it was really delicious and so it is little wonder that Decker's weekend dino ribs are always overbooked. They even have a 3-rib rack ๐Ÿ˜„

Dinosaur_Beef_Rib_Decker_Barbecue

The number to order is ☎ 
6635 8565, if you like to try.


Alternatively, order online here ๐Ÿ‘ˆ click (they have lots of other goodies). 

My previous post on Decker BBQ featuring their awesome pork ribs and wagyu sandwich (burger lah) ๐Ÿ‘ˆ click



Written by Tony Boey on 20 Jun 2021 ๐Ÿฅก Day 36 (last day) of Singapore Phase 2 Heightened Alert to curb Covid-19 spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published