Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food ยท Heritage ยท Culture ยท History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads ๐Ÿ“ง johorkaki@gmail.com

Nasi Lemak by International Muslim Food Stall #01-03 is One of the Best @ Changi Village

International_Muslim_Food_Changi_Village_Nasi_Lemak

In my previous life, I used to eat at Changi Village Hawker Centre regularly (since the 1980s). Like many, the famous nasi lemak stalls here were my favourites. But, I have forgotten which of the famous ones here was my top favourite. I only remember International Muslim Food, more famously known as International Nasi Lemak, as the name is easy to recall.

Stall name: International Muslim Food Stall Nasi Lemak


Address: 2 Changi Village Road, #01-03, Singapore 500002 (Changi Village Hawker Centre)


Tel: 8400 6882


Hours: 7:00am - 2:00pm | 6:00pm - 12:00 midnight (Sun & Mon off)



International_Muslim_Food_Changi_Village_Nasi_Lemak

As International Muslim Food was opened this morning, I went for it before hopping on the bumboat for my day trip to Pulau Ubin. It turned out that I still enjoyed this simple nasi lemak.

International_Muslim_Food_Changi_Village_Nasi_Lemak

$3.50 for this set with chicken wing. I appreciate it that International Muslim Food does not serve their food in earth harming Styrofoam plates and plastic utensils ๐Ÿ™

International_Muslim_Food_Changi_Village_Nasi_Lemak

The coconut milk infused rice was fragrant without being overly greasy. Though the grains were average quality, they were cooked to just the right tender nutty texture - neither mushy-wet-soft nor dry-gritty.

International_Muslim_Food_Changi_Village_Nasi_Lemak

The sambal was good in the three elements I look out for - natural sweetness from onion, umami-savouriness from dried anchovies, and spicy heat from a blend of different chili peppers. I also look out for the hot sting in the aftertaste, and it was there for a few fleeting moments with every mouthful. Nice! 

International_Muslim_Food_Changi_Village_Nasi_Lemak

I like their fried chicken wing too. The subtly spiced batter was thin but crisp and slightly crackly. The flesh inside was tender, moist, and infused with a savoury flavour. 

International_Muslim_Food_Changi_Village_Nasi_Lemak

I also appreciate it that they skinned their cucumber, so it was all sweetness, crunch and juice sans the bitterness of the skin.

The egg was, however, fried through while I prefer fried egg with runny yolk. The fried ikan bilis was salty and fried till crisp, dry and stiff. Almost felt hard as nails for older folks with weak teeth.

International_Muslim_Food_Changi_Village_Nasi_Lemak

Yeah.., I also tried the other nasi lemak stalls recently, and I'll go back to International Muslim Food, if they are opened.

Changi_Point_Ferry_Terminal

Changi Village Hawker Centre is just 5 minutes walk to Changi Point Ferry Terminal, so it is the ideal meeting point and a quick meal before hopping on the bumboat to Pulau Ubin island.

Changi_Point_Ferry_Terminal

Pulau Ubin is just a 10 minute hop across the water from Changi Point. It was a beautiful bright, overcast day.


This is not me lah... . I like "Getting Lost" videos for its authenticity and matter of fact reviews.


Written by Tony Boey on 23 Jun 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published