Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

45 Sims Drive Kway Chap @ Sheng Hui Coffee Shop · Preferred by People who Live Here

45_Sims_Drive_Kway_Chap_Sheng_Hui

Buddy Peter said I should check out the kway chap stall at block 45, Sims Drive. I did notice the little low profile stall before and many customers eating their food, but the Sims Vista area just have too many good food stalls to try. So, I only finally made it today. Thank you Peter for your recommendation 🙏

Stall name: Kuey Zhap · Pig's Organ Soup 粿汁 · 猪杂汤


Address: 45 Sims Drive, #01-150, Singapore 380045 (inside Sheng Hui Coffee Shop steps from Sims Vista Food Centre) 


Hours: 5:00am - 1:00pm



45_Sims_Drive_Kway_Chap_Sheng_Hui

The little kway chap stall have no name but a unique way of spelling kway chap - "Kuey Zhap". You will not see any queue at the stall, as the friendly uncle will deliver to your table.

45_Sims_Drive_Kway_Chap_Sheng_Hui

This humble stall really have more or less zero social media presence but it still enjoys steady business from a loyal following of
unkers and aunties who live here. The stall have been here for nearly twenty years.

45_Sims_Drive_Kway_Chap_Sheng_Hui

I had only a small $3.50 serving to taste but it still turned out to be a hearty brekky for me. I had small intestines and pig skin with rice sheets. I don't like egg, tofu, fish cake, and such with my kway chap. 

45_Sims_Drive_Kway_Chap_Sheng_Hui

The intestines were braised till soft-tender and tasted savoury with a subtle hint of bitter taste which I like. I don't like my braises soft-soft and scrubbed till flavourless. 

45_Sims_Drive_Kway_Chap_Sheng_Hui

The braised skin was great. It had a nice tender-firm rubbery chewiness and subtle savoury taste. The braising sauce was mildly savoury salty.

45_Sims_Drive_Kway_Chap_Sheng_Hui

The kway was generic but smooth, slurpy and tasted savoury salty from the braising stock. I like the Teochew style light savoury salty sauce.

45_Sims_Drive_Kway_Chap_Sheng_Hui

I enjoyed my little sampling of kway chap at Sheng Hui coffee shop. I later realised that they also have large intestines which is my favourite for kway chap. They looked beautifully done with a rich brown colour.

45_Sims_Drive_Kway_Chap_Sheng_Hui

Simple, affordable, tasty and enough for me 😋

Other good food stalls to try at the Sims Vista area 👈 click


       
                     
             
             
               
               
             
           
           
           
                                                                                                                                                                         
           
             
                View this post on Instagram              
           
           
           
             
               
               
               
             
             
               
               
             
             
               
               
               
             
           
           
             
             
         

            A post shared by Tony Boey Johor Kaki (@johorkaki)          

       
     
         
  
Written by Tony Boey on 18 Nov 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published