Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

50 Years Taste of Tradition Egg Tart • Best in Clementi Toa Payoh & Some Say in Johor • 50年

Yesterday after I shared about how I enjoyed the egg tarts at Roti Corner, readers pointed me to 50 Years Taste of Tradition 🙏  🙇 I went to try it today at their Clementi Bus Interchange outlet and oh... yes... I love it! 💪

Stall name: 50 Years Taste of Tradition Bakery 50年


Address: Inside Clementi Bus Interchange


Nearest MRT: At Clementi station


Hours: 9:00am - 9:00pm


Clementi Bus Interchange outlet


Toa Payoh Central outlet


For first timers, locating the 50 Years Taste of Tradition outlet at Clementi isn't easy. It's a small, quiet, inconspicuous kiosk inside the air conditioned bus interchange.

Go to berth A1 at Clementi Bus Interchange where the kiosk is located.

Truth be told, the kiosk display was a little haphazard and not very attractive. The pastry and bread selection was also limited - just some tarts, pies and plain white bread. In fact, after locating the kiosk, I took a toilet diversion to give myself time to think over if I should bet my meagre calorie and sugar quota on it 🤪

Took a chance anyway and am so glad I did.

One bite and I was blown away by the crispness of the subtly savoury buttery sweet puff pastry.

Obviously, the egg tarts were baked in a central kitchen and distributed here, but the puff pastry cup didn't felt like it lost much if any of its crispness.

The custard filling was creamy smooth and had a pronounced egginess, the most I ever had in any egg tart recently. It was also not overly sweet which lets me indulge guilt free 😁

Furthermore at $1.30 a piece, it is actually excellent value for money.


I am looking out for egg tarts in Singapore and Malaysia to top this one 😬 Tell me where 🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published