Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

Roast Duck @ Restoran Lapan Dua Dua 822 超级鸭王 in Taman Ungku Tun Aminah (TUTA), Johor Bahru

Roast Duck Johor

I am really not a big fan of ducks as I always got the impression that they are fatty and most of those that I have tasted before were not worth the cholesterol.



So ducks were not the natural choice for me. Until Lapan Dua Dua 822 超级鸭王, that is.


Roast Duck Johor

Roast Duck Johor

Well, everything I thought about ducks changed after I tasted the roast duck rice at Restoran Lapan Dua Dua 822 超级鸭王 in Taman Ungku Tun Aminah.

Roast Duck Johor

I realised that it is possible to have duck with very little fat and yet tastes good enough for the price of the cholesterol ☻

Roast Duck Johor

Look at this piece of duck. The duck is roasted till the skin is crispy while the tender lean meat is still moist.

The duck meat is firm and has a delicate dang gui 當歸 herbal fragrance and taste. When I bite into the crispy skin and chew it up together with the succulent meat, it releases that herbal aroma mixed with the subtle, distinctive duck flavour - capturing my heart instantly.

Roast Duck Johor

Add a dab of this fresh chili and garlic sauce, and we get a little spicy kick that goes very well with the duck.

Roast Duck Johor
This set of roast duck rice with soup costs RM5
After enjoying the roast duck at Restoran Lapan Dua Dua, I have added ducks to my list of favourite dishes

->> Popular take away herbal dang gui 當歸 roast duck.

Roast Duck Johor

Restaurant name: Restoran Lapan Dua Dua 822 超级鸭王
Address: 36, Jalan Nakhoda 1, Skudai, Johor Bahru 81300
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/DnZUt
GPS: 1.520620,103.660420
Hours: Daily (closed on Thursdays)

Non Halal




Date visited: 20 Jan 2012


2 comments:

  1. the man in the picture should show a smile for greeting customers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does look serious in the pictures. He is actually a friendly man. I guess when he was busy chopping, he had to keep his eyes on the duck and chopper. Best for him to focus as it is dangerous to be distracted when chopping fast due to brisk business. Thanks.

      Delete

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published