Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

Hakka Deep Fried Pork @ Kah Kah Loke Restaurant in Taman Johor Jaya, Johor Bahru

Hakka Deep Fried Pork
 
At Kah Kah Loke 佳佳乐 restaurant in Taman Johor Jaya, the signature dish is their bitter gourd soup 苦瓜汤 (which I cover in another post). Another of Kah Kah Loke’s hot favourite is their excellent Hakka deep fried pork.
 
Customers almost always order their bitter gourd soup and deep fried pork as a pair because they go so well together.
 
Hakka Deep Fried Pork

Hakka deep fried pork is made from fresh meat, well marinated with fermented bean curd and then fried to a golden brown. The freshly fried pork is then cut into thin slices and served.

Hakka Fried Pork

The crust is crispy and slightly pungent with the aroma of fermented bean curd. When you bite through the crunchy crust, the tender and moist meat releases the natural sweetness of fresh pork. Each slice also has a layer of fat. The 3 layers of crispy crust, moist meat, and juicy fat together give the pork a pleasing texture and creates a delightful taste experience.

A plate of this delectable treat costs RM6.

I look forward to another chance to savour this delicious dish with the memorable aroma, taste, flavour and texture again.
 
Kah Kah Loke Restaurant
 
Restaurant name: Kah Kah Loke 佳佳乐 Restaurant
Address: 62 Jalan Bakawali 39, Taman Johor Jaya, Johor Bahru
Map: http://g.co/maps/rwk4f
GPS: 1.545709, 103.794643
Hours: (closed on Mondays)
Non Halal

Date visited: 5 Jan 2012

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tony!
    Thanks for the great blog!
    Am tracking them down...slowly but surely...hahaha!
    Btw the street name for Kah Kah Loke is Jalan Bakawaki 13 not 39.
    I was there on 6 Nov 2012...and luckily I saw the signage when I was along Jln Bakawali 13.
    (I do not know why their menu also state Jln Bakawali 39)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm I wondered if they have just moved. Let me go check. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Bakawali 13 is on main (bigger) road, the road inside is still Bakawali 39. The address is correct. I tried the food but I would rate it so-so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irvan. I brought my group of KL friends over on Christmas day last year. The whole restaurant was full - both floors. I was concerned how are they going to maintain standards with such a big crowd. The signature dish bitter guord soup turned out to be consistent - pheww. The bean sprouts was surprisingly good. The Hakka fried pork was not at its best that day and most of the other popular dishes like braised belly pork were sold out. I'll be back.

      Delete
  3. Hi Bro JK,

    I tried the bitter gourd soup for today's lunch. A bit on the salty side, next round ask them to skip the salt...other than that it was quite good for a rainy day. I missed the hakka pork. Muz be the "ta rol" which the guy recommend. Next round...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tony, would you happen to know if this restaurant has the capacity to fit about 250 pax?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know actually. But it does look possible as it has got two levels of large dining halls. Best to call the restaurant to enquire.

      Delete
  5. Hi Tony. I believe Kah Kah Loke has shifted to Permas Jaya. I stumbled on it when I was in the area. Not sure its a new outlet as I was not able to find the outlet in Johor Jaya. Hope you can verify this soon.

    ReplyDelete

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published