Tony Johor Kaki Travels for Food · Heritage · Culture · History

Food Explorer Storyteller with 63 million+ reads 📧 johorkaki@gmail.com

Coffee @ Cawanmas Cafetiam in Johor Jaya, Johor Bahru


I am not a fan of those ubiquitous, trendy coffee chains. But when I heard that Cawanmas was first a coffee roaster from Muar before it branched into the café business, I decided to give their Malaysian style roast a try.


I ordered a “big” kopi C kosong (Malaysia/Singapore term for coffee with condensed milk, without sugar). This huge mug of coffee costs RM2.50.

(Their food and beverage menu runs into several pages but I did not try any. Guess I am allergic to coffee chain food ;P )

Serving coffee in a plain looking mug like this is not very stylish at all. It didn’t quite match the rustic ambiance of the well thought out décor.

Never mind the presentation, this coffee has got substance. It has a robust aroma, is thick, bitter, full bodied and loaded with caffeine. I like the “kau” (thick in Hokkien) feel of the coffee and the kick I get from the caffeine.

I love the coffee at Cawanmas. Add to this, the nice clean environment, pleasant staff, old time kopitiam ambiance, latest newspapers and magazines for browsing, competitive pricing, and free wifi – makes Cawanmas one of my favourite hangout places for tête à tête over an authentic cuppa of Malaysian roast.


Restaurant name: Cawanmas Cafétiam
Address: 16, Jalan Dedap 16, Taman Johor Jaya, 81100 Johor Bahru (there are many branches)
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/Z5XSt
GPS: 1.541984,103.800472
Hours:
Halal

Date: 9 Jan 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments submitted with genuine identities are published